Pickleballlane is reader-supported. If you click a link on this page and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- 1 Why You May Need A Pickleball Set?
- 2 What is the Difference between Set and Bundle?
- 3 Choosing the Right Pickleball Equipment Set-Buyers Guide (Things to Keep In Mind)
- 4 Best Pickleball Sets 2019
- 5 2. Rally Tyro 2 Pickleball Portable Net Set
- 6 3. Pickle-Ball, Inc. Pickleball Diller Tournament Net Set
- 7 4. Rally Meister Pickleball Net, Paddle and Ball Set
- 8 5. Bullpickpro Pickleball Paddle Set
- 9 6. Versus Sports TG425 Professional Portable Pickleball Net Set
- 10 7. A11N Premium Pickleball Paddle Set
- 11 8. Amazin’ Aces Pickleball Paddle Set
- 12 9. Pro Focus Pickleball Net Set
- 13 10. Hathaway Portable Pickleball Game Set
- 14 Conclusion
Pickleball is one of the most popular sports to play with one’s family and friends. It is a social sport and can be played by all age group.
Pickleball combines the best and simple elements of tennis, badminton and table tennis. It is extremely popular among ladies and seniors as it is not very exhausting and grueling like other court games.
The Pickleball Sets provide the complete kit to play Pickleball. You will not need to buy anything else as these sets contain everything from paddle and balls to net and court marking tapes.
The only dilemma you will face is which set to buy, as there are so many sets to choose from. This review and guide list out the best Pickleball sets which will give you the best value for your investment.
Why You May Need A Pickleball Set?
Should you buy a pickleball set? You will need a Pickleball set if you want to play at home instead of going to the gym or a club where the set up including the nets on the court is already provided.
If you have at least 4 members in your family and friends who play pickleball then also you will need a pickleball set so that everyone can play this exciting game.
Besides the pickleball set, all you need is enough space to set up your own pickleball court.
The other time you may not need to buy a pickleball set is when you already have a net. In such a situation, you only need to buy a pickleball bundle of paddles and balls.
In case you do not want to buy a pickleball set, the other option is to buy each product like paddles, balls, and net separately.
What is the Difference between Set and Bundle?
A pickleball set is a complete set of equipment that is required to play pickleball from scratch.
It generally includes these pieces of pickleball equipment:
- 2, 4 or 6 paddles
- 2 to 6 pickleball
- A net system including frames
- Line tape for marking the boundary and net lines
- Rulebook or Instruction booklet
- A duffel carry bag to store and carry the above items
Pickleball bundles, on the other hand, are just sets of pickleball paddles and balls. Bundles are very economical and affordable. The set may include these items:
- 2 to 4 paddles
- 3 to 6 pickleball
- A small carry bag is included sometimes
The net and net system are not included in these paddle and pickleball bundles. This is the main difference between a bundle and a set. Bundles are meant for those players who already have access to a pickleball court or do not need a net system
Choosing the Right Pickleball Equipment Set-Buyers Guide (Things to Keep In Mind)
With so many brands in the market, it becomes difficult for anyone to choose the right pickleball equipment set. Initially, there is a dilemma to choose between bundle and set, which is easy to resolve based on your requirements.
However, even when choosing a set you must be careful that many such package sets have a few inferior items, like the balls or net may be of poor quality or they may be either only for indoor or outdoor use.
Moreover, certain extras that are packaged may not be very useful. For example, the rule book or instruction booklet can be easily downloaded from the internet. Even the rolls of court tapes may be redundant if you already have a marked court.
You should find the following tips helpful while choosing the right pickleball equipment set.
Types of Sets to Buy
First, you must be clear about the type Pickleball set you want to buy. Whether you need a Pickleball Bundle or a Pickleball set?
If you do not need a Net and related accessories and need only paddles and balls then you will be better off not buying a Pickleball Set which is more expensive.
Quality of Net
In a Pickleball set, the Net is the most important product. It should be of regulation size and durable to last for years. You can buy the paddles and balls whenever you feel like, but a net is a long-term investment.
The cheaper sets will have poor quality nets which may even be the non-regulation size. These will affect your practice and you may fare badly when playing a tournament where regulation-size nets are used.
What to Look for in Net Frames
Besides being of regulation size, a good net system will have straps to adjust the net height and keep it taut. You should also look for steel frame having center support for the net. The steel frame must be heavy-duty and made durable with powder-coated paint finish.
It is advisable to go in for frames made of oval steel tubes instead of round-shaped ones. The former does not slip or rotate and are easy to assemble within a few minutes.
Choosing the Paddles
Graphite faced paddles are considered the best as they provide control as well as power. The next best paddles are the ones made of composite materials. The wooden ones are good for beginners and learners.
Checking out the Balls
Ideally, you should go in for those sets that provide balls that can be played both outdoors and indoors. Many sets include more numbers of balls which add to the price. Just two or three balls are enough to start playing the game.
Best Pickleball Sets 2019
1. JP Winlock Pickleball Paddle Set
This set is a great value for money and good enough even for experienced players. The set contains the following:
- 2 Premium Graphite Rackets Honeycomb Composite Core
- 3 Pickleball Balls (indoor and outdoor use)
- 1 Cover Case Bag
- The paddles are lightweight weighing about 8 ounces and have graphite carbon fiber faces in black purple design.
- The soft plastic edge guard around the paddles protects when it might hit the ground during low shots.
- The orange-yellow colored balls have precisely drilled holes which results in perfect deliveries.
- The handle grip circumference is 4.125 inches and the grip is well padded for comfort and control.
- This is a perfect set for beginners who do not wish to invest a lot initially
- The graphite paddles are better than regular wooden paddles
- 1-year money back and free replacement warranty
- Exemplary customer service in case of returns, refunds or replacements
- The balls are not of very good quality
- The bag is quite compact in size and can’t accommodate more paddles or balls
- The paddles have small sweet spots making it tougher for beginners
2. Rally Tyro 2 Pickleball Portable Net Set
The Rally Tyro 2 Pickleball Set is a complete set which includes everything for a new or a seasoned pickleball player. The set comes in Rally Orange color.
The set Includes:
- 4 USAPA Approved Performance Composite Tyro 2 Pickleball Paddles
- 4 Jugs Pickleballs Balls
- 1 Pickle-Ball Inc. 3.0 Portable Pickleball Net System
- 1 set of Free Standing Metal Frame
- 1 set of rules/Instruction Sheet
- 1 Carry Bag
- The portable and lightweight 3.0 Net System comprises of steel snap-together metal frame which sets up in less than 5 minutes.
- The raised crossbar allows balls to roll underneath the net.
- The frame is powder-coated for durability.
- The frame has wide and bent legs for added stability and can withstand windy weather.
- The sturdy nylon carry bag with handles has pockets to keep balls and paddles.
- The 3.0 Net Systems also has rubber post caps to protect the playing surface and keep it firmly planted without slipping and sliding.
- The high-quality black mesh net has white net bindings all around.
- The paddle grips are 5” in length and 4″ in circumference.
- Complete frame and net in carrying case with paddles and balls just 26 lbs
- Easy net tension straps and ‘Easy Buckle’ net tension adjusters
- The net height can be adjusted
- Narrow grips can be made larger using the overgrip
- The handle and grip may be found to be too narrow by some players
- The paddles are heavier and may affect maneuverability
- The balls are not of very good quality
3. Pickle-Ball, Inc. Pickleball Diller Tournament Net Set
This set is ideal for a beginner as well as an experienced player as it contains tournament-grade pickleball gear. It contains everything you need to get started with pickleball and can be used by families, community centers, clubs and more. This set includes these items:
- 4 Diller Wood Pickleball paddles
- 4 Jugs Pickleballs (for indoor and outdoor play)
- 1 Net which is regulation size
- Metal Frame set
- Rules/Instruction Sheet
- Carry Bag
- The sturdy wood paddles are made from high-quality, seven-ply maple.
- The durable paddles are lightweight and weight about 9-10 ounces.
- The paddles are 15.5” long and 7” wide.
- The 5.5” long handles are lightly cushioned for comfort and better grip.
- The net frame is made from durable steel tubing that can be snapped together and assembled in minutes.
- The crossbars are raised so that balls can roll underneath the net.
- The base of the frame has been made extra-wide to increases stability even in windy weather.
- The net is made of black mesh and comes with white binding all around.
- The ‘Easy Buckle’ tensioning system helps to keep the net taut.
- The lightweight and portable Pickleball Net Set weighs only 23 pounds.
- The top quality carry case has pockets for paddles and balls.
- The carry bag has a dimension of 39.5 x 10.5 x 8 inches which makes it quite portable.
- Easy and quick to assemble
- The set up takes just five minutes
- The height of the net can be adjusted easily
- Sturdy equipment and solid set up
- A bit expensive when compared to others
- The paddles and balls are not of very high quality
- The paint quality on the frame is not good
- The bag has only one zipper
4. Rally Meister Pickleball Net, Paddle and Ball Set
This is a complete set and is all you will need to start playing Pickleball – No hassles, all fun! The set includes the following items:
- 4 Rally Meister Wood Paddles
- 4 Jugs Pickleballs Balls
- 1 High-quality black mesh Net
- Rally Orange Metal Frame and Posts
- Rules/Instructions Sheet
- Carry Bag made of nylon with handles
- This lightweight and portable set with its carry bag weighs just 27 lbs.
- Can be easily and quickly set up in minutes.
- It has net tension straps and ‘Easy Buckle’ adjusters to keep the net taut.
- Raised crossbar so that the balls can roll underneath for easy pick-up.
- Paddles are made of good quality hardwood.
- The paddles come with wrapped handles,
- There is a safety wrist strap on the handles to prevent the paddles falling or flying off.
- The frame has wide legs with bent design so that they are more stable and withstand windy conditions.
- High quality white net bindings around the net.
- The carry bag has pockets to keep everything organized and portable.
- Portable and lightweight system
- Quick set up in less than 5 minutes
- The steel frame is powder-coated for a longer life
- Net height is adjustable
- The Pickleball paddles are not the best quality-wise
- The net is not of a good quality
- The supporting metal frame is not very rugged
- The balls in the package are made out of poor quality materials.
5. Bullpickpro Pickleball Paddle Set
This Pickleball set contains only paddles and balls, thus making the set quite affordable. The Paddles come in color combination of Blue, Purple, Red, while the Balls are in Yellow color. The set includes only these two items:
- 2 Pickleball Paddles – Composite Fiber Face and PP Honeycomb Core
- 9 Pickleballs balls
- The pickleball paddles are made with superior materials and craftsmanship.
- The Paddle length is 15.3” and the width is 7.8”.
- The paddles are lightweight at 7.2 oz and provide a balance of power and control.
- The high-strength composite fiber paddle face offers anti-slip performance and superior ball control.
- The high-strength polypropylene honeycomb core makes the paddle vibration-free and silent, which makes it perfect for gated communities or indoors where noise is an issue.
- The handle and grip are cushioned and has perforations. The handle length is 4.75” and the grip size is 4.25”.
- The dry grip tape not only makes the grip comfortable but also helps in case of sweat and moisture.
- The paddle has an edge guard for enhanced protection.
- The paddle comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Quite affordable as compared to similar quality paddles
- Lightweight and easily maneuverable
- It has Composite fiber face and Polypropylene honeycomb
- Offers better ball control than graphite pickleball paddle
- Durable and long-lasting
- Ideal for beginners to intermediate players
- Both Indoor and outdoor balls should have been provided
- Some may find the grip a bit narrow
6. Versus Sports TG425 Professional Portable Pickleball Net Set
This Pickleball net set is a good value for money. It is portable and can be carried conveniently in the bag provided. It is good for any pickleball player as it includes all the necessary equipment. It includes these items:
- 4 Recreational wooden paddles
- 3 Pickleball balls
- 1 Regulation size net
- Powder-coated steel frame
- Velcro tension straps
- Portable Carry Bag
- The net has a size of 22′ length and 3′ height meets IPF regulations of 36″ height at the sidelines and 34″ at the center.
- Velcro tension straps are provided to keep the net taut.
- The frame is made of steel and powder-coated for durability.
- The frame is equipped with a push-button locking system and can be assembled and taken down within minutes.
- The triple-base reinforced frame ensures stability.
- The Raised Crossbar design also helps in letting the balls roll under the net
- A premium carrying case in which the entire set can be stored easily completes the package. The bag makes the system quite easily portable.
- It is a portable pickleball complete set
- Easy to set up within minutes
- Reasonably priced set
- The pickleball paddle handles are not very durable
- The pickleball balls are of poor quality
7. A11N Premium Pickleball Paddle Set
This is a good paddle set and gives you value for money. This set includes the following items:
- 2 Graphite Pickleball Paddle
- 2 Outdoor Pickleball Ball
- 2 Indoor Pickleball Ball
- 2 Pickleball Paddle Cover
- 2 Pickleball Overgrip rolls
- 1 Drawstring Bag
- The two paddles come in a set of attractive Blue or Green colors.
- The pickleball paddle has a durable graphite surface and a polymer honeycomb core which makes these soft and sound-absorbing.
- The lightweight paddles weigh only 8 oz, and help combine power, control, and maneuverability.
- The sweet spot on the paddle helps impart controlled spins and superior ball control.
- The paddle has a length of 15.55″ and a width of 8.07″.
- The wide-body paddles have an extra-large sweet spot and a slim-trim edge guard.
- The 4.92″ long and 4.25” in circumference grip is made sweat absorbent and comfortable with good quality cushioning.
- The Neoprene Protective Cases helps keep the paddles safe.
- The Overgrip Rolls can be used to increase the feel and absorb sweat.
- The pickleball balls for indoor use are colored green while the ones for outdoors are colored yellow.
- The Drawstring Bag is designed to conveniently store and carry the equipment.
- The complete set comes in a gift box.
- The sound-absorbing qualities of the paddles make it an ideal material for indoor play and within gated communities.
- The quality of the paddles is not that great
- The material of the paddles is not durable
- The guylines on net poles are too short to easily attach on sides.
- The included instructions/rule book is badly written.
8. Amazin’ Aces Pickleball Paddle Set
The best thing about this set is that it is very economical as the set comprises of only 2 paddles and 4 balls. The set comes in Black color. This Pickleball Paddle Set includes:
- 2 Premium Graphite Pickleball Paddles with Polymer Honeycomb Core
- 4 Pickleballs
- 1 Mesh Carry Bag
- The paddle is made of premium-grade materials. It weighs 8.3oz and the optimized weight distribution provides a blend of better control with power.
- The contoured grip is hand-stitched for added comfort.
- Package includes free e-book – “The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Pickleball” – containing rules, It includes rules, scoring, tips, strategies, etiquette, and much more.
- Great paddles for beginners
- Excellent grip wrapping on the handles
- 1-year warranty
- Comes in a beautiful box for gifting or storage
- The paddles and handles are narrow
- The handle is shorter
- The paddles are not USAPA approved
9. Pro Focus Pickleball Net Set
The Pro Focus Pickleball Net Set includes the following products and accessories:
- 4 Paddles made of premium wood – 15.5 inches (L) x 7.5 inches (W)
- 3 Pickleball Balls (USAPA approved)
- 1 Official Size Net – 21 Feet Wide x 36 Inches High at the ends and 34 Inches at the center
- The Paddles have responsive wooden surfaces and feature a cushioned grip for comfort.
- Balls are made of durable and flexible material that conforms to True Bounce Technology. The balls also have a flawless surface design for a consistent bounce from the court surface. The perfectly round holes are positioned and precisely cut to reduce turbulence
- The weather-resistant Net can be used indoors or outdoors.
- The steel poles are made to be stable and provided with center support. There are also side tension adjustments for adjusting the height of the net.
- There is also a convenient and portable carry bag to store the items. The bag size is 36 inches long, 10 inches broad and 5 inches thick.
- Easy to assemble
- Good quality wooden paddles
- Official size net
- Good quality bag to store everything and easy to carry around
- The legs are not very stable for windy weather conditions
- The balls are not very durable and do not last long
10. Hathaway Portable Pickleball Game Set
This pickleball game set includes the following:
- 4 Black laminated wood pickleball paddles
- 3 Green high-quality waffle balls (2.86-in)
- 2 pieces adjustable telescopic black powder-coated steel posts (1-inch diameter)
- One 2.5-ft x 16-ft (30″ x 192″) premium-quality heavy-duty black mesh net
- One 1-inch black webbing boundary line with 4 ball-bungee cords
- 4 pieces of 10-inch ground steaks
- One 20-ft yellow adjustable guy line set with metal ground stakes
- All these accessories come organized neatly in a handy carrying case which is 34.2 inches long x 10 inches wide x 4.2 inches thick and weighs 10 pounds
- The Hathaway Portable Pickleball Game Set gives you the most value for its price.
- This is a complete set and you don’t need to buy anything else.
- This set is useful for 2 to 4 players as it has four sets of paddles.
- It can be easily set up in about ten minutes.
- The set comes in Black color.
- This net system is lightweight and can be set up in less than ten minutes
- It comes in a durable nylon carrying case with handles
- Buckle system to adjust the tension of the net
- The poles can be planted in bucket or holders filled with concrete for an easy and clean set up
- Paddles are of not very good quality
- Guy lines on net poles are too short
- Instructions-Rules book is poorly written
- The poles need to be anchored to the ground
Hope this review helped you to learn about the best pickleball equipment set. Now you have a clear idea of what to look for in a pickleball set before making your purchase decision.
You will now be able to buy the right set for yourself, irrespective of the fact that whether you have just started playing pickleball or you are an experienced player.